WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. carrier, bearer, toter, traveler, traveller
- usage: someone whose employment involves carrying something; "the bonds were transmitted by carrier"
- 2. bearer, messenger, courier
- usage: a messenger who bears or presents; "a bearer of good tidings"
- 3. pallbearer, bearer, mourner, griever, sorrower, lamenter
- usage: one of the mourners carrying the coffin at a funeral
- 4. holder, bearer, capitalist
- usage: the person who is in possession of a check or note or bond or document of title that is endorsed to him or to whoever holds it; "the bond was marked `payable to bearer'"
All rights reserved.
See also: bearer (Dictionary)