WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. balata, balata tree, beefwood, bully tree, Manilkara bidentata, tree
- usage: a tropical hardwood tree yielding balata gum and heavy red timber
- 2. beefwood, wood
- usage: any of several heavy hard reddish chiefly tropical woods of the families Casuarinaceae and Proteaceae; some used for cabinetwork
- 3. beefwood, casuarina
- usage: any of several Australian trees of the genus Casuarina yielding heavy hard red wood used in cabinetwork
- 4. scrub beefwood, beefwood, Stenocarpus salignus, tree
- usage: tree or tall shrub with shiny leaves and umbels of fragrant creamy-white flowers; yields hard heavy reddish wood
- 5. beefwood, Grevillea striata, silk oak
- usage: tree yielding hard heavy reddish wood
All rights reserved.
See also: beefwood (Dictionary)