Synonyms of befuddled
- 1. confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate, be
- usage: be confusing or perplexing to; cause to be unable to think clearly; "These questions confuse even the experts"; "This question completely threw me"; "This question befuddled even the teacher"
- 2. befuddle, fuddle, intoxicate, soak, inebriate
- usage: make stupid with alcohol
- 1. befogged, befuddled, confused (vs. clearheaded)
- usage: stupefied by alcoholic drink; "the wino's poor befuddled mind"; "a mind befogged with drink"
- 2. baffled, befuddled, bemused, bewildered, confounded, confused, lost, mazed, mixed-up, at sea, perplexed (vs. unperplexed)
- usage: perplexed by many conflicting situations or statements; filled with bewilderment; "obviously bemused by his questions"; "bewildered and confused"; "a cloudy and confounded philosopher"; "just a mixed-up kid"; "she felt lost on the first day of school"
- 3. addled, befuddled, muddled, muzzy, woolly, wooly, woolly-headed, wooly-minded, confused (vs. clearheaded)
- usage: confused and vague; used especially of thinking; "muddleheaded ideas"; "your addled little brain"; "woolly thinking"; "woolly-headed ideas"
All rights reserved.