- 1. buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass, body part
- usage: the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
- 1. behind(predicate), down (vs. up)
- usage: having the lower score or lagging position in a contest; "behind by two points"; "the 8th inning found the home team trailing"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. behind
- usage: in or to or toward the rear; "he followed behind"; "seen from behind, the house is more imposing than it is from the front"; "the final runners were far behind"
- 2. behind
- usage: remaining in a place or condition that has been left or departed from; "when he died he left much unfinished work behind"; "left a large family behind"; "the children left their books behind"; "he took off with a squeal of tires and left the other cars far behind"
- 3. behind, slow
- usage: of timepieces; "the clock is almost an hour slow"; "my watch is running behind"
- 4. behind
- usage: in or into an inferior position; "fell behind in his studies"; "their business was lagging behind in the competition for customers"
- 5. behind, behindhand, in arrears
- usage: in debt; "he fell behind with his mortgage payments"; "a month behind in the rent"; "a company that has been run behindhand for years"; "in arrears with their utility bills"
All rights reserved.
See also: behind (Dictionary)