WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. minimize, belittle, denigrate, derogate, disparage, belittle, pick at
- usage: cause to seem less serious; play down; "Don't belittle his influence"
- 2. disparage, belittle, pick at, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: express a negative opinion of; "She disparaged her student's efforts"
- 3. diminish, belittle, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: lessen the authority, dignity, or reputation of; "don't belittle your colleagues"
All rights reserved.
See also: belittle (Dictionary)