WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. belong, be
- usage: be owned by; be in the possession of; "This book belongs to me"
- 2. belong, be
- usage: be suitable or acceptable; "This student somehow doesn't belong"
- 3. belong, go, be
- usage: be in the right place or situation; "Where do these books belong?"; "Let's put health care where it belongs--under the control of the government"; "Where do these books go?"
- 4. belong, be
- usage: be rightly classified in a class or category; "The whales belong among the mammals"
- 5. belong, be
- usage: be a member, adherent, inhabitant, etc. (of a group, organization, or place); "They belong to the same political party"
- 6. belong to, belong
- usage: be a part or adjunct; "the uniform looks like it belonged to a museum collection"; "These pages don't belong"
All rights reserved.
See also: belong (Dictionary)