- 1. belt, loop
- usage: endless loop of flexible material between two rotating shafts or pulleys
- 2. belt, accessory, accoutrement, accouterment
- usage: a band to tie or buckle around the body (usually at the waist)
- 3. belt, region, part
- usage: an elongated region where a specific condition or characteristic is found; "a belt of high pressure"
- 4. knock, bash, bang, smash, belt, blow, bump
- usage: a vigorous blow; "the sudden knock floored him"; "he took a bash right in his face"; "he got a bang on the head"
- 5. swath, belt, path, track, course
- usage: a path or strip (as cut by one course of mowing)
- 6. belt, belt ammunition, belted ammunition, ammunition, ammo
- usage: ammunition (usually of small caliber) loaded in flexible linked strips for use in a machine gun
- 7. knock, belt, rap, whack, whang, blow
- usage: the act of hitting vigorously; "he gave the table a whack"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. belt out, belt, sing
- usage: sing loudly and forcefully
- 2. belt, hit
- usage: deliver a blow to; "He belted his opponent"
- 3. belt, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten with a belt; "belt your trousers"
All rights reserved.
See also: belt (Dictionary)