- 1. bewilder, bemuse, discombobulate, throw, upset, discompose, untune, disconcert, discomfit
- usage: cause to be confused emotionally
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bemused, deep in thought(predicate), lost(predicate), preoccupied, thoughtful (vs. thoughtless)
- usage: deeply absorbed in thought; "as distant and bemused as a professor listening to the prattling of his freshman class"; "lost in thought"; "a preoccupied frown"
- 2. baffled, befuddled, bemused, bewildered, confounded, confused, lost, mazed, mixed-up, at sea, perplexed (vs. unperplexed)
- usage: perplexed by many conflicting situations or statements; filled with bewilderment; "obviously bemused by his questions"; "bewildered and confused"; "a cloudy and confounded philosopher"; "just a mixed-up kid"; "she felt lost on the first day of school"
All rights reserved.
See also: bemused (Dictionary)