- 1. bench, seat
- usage: a long seat for more than one person
- 2. terrace, bench, tableland, plateau
- usage: a level shelf of land interrupting a declivity (with steep slopes above and below)
- 3. judiciary, bench, administration, governance, governing body, establishment, brass, organization, organisation
- usage: persons who administer justice
- 4. workbench, work bench, bench, worktable, work table
- usage: a strong worktable for a carpenter or mechanic
- 5. Bench, assembly
- usage: the magistrate or judge or judges sitting in court in judicial capacity to compose the court collectively
- 6. bench, subgroup
- usage: the reserve players on a team; "our team has a strong bench"
- 7. bench, seat
- usage: (law) the seat for judges in a courtroom
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bench, remove
- usage: take out of a game; of players
- 2. bench, expose, exhibit, display
- usage: exhibit on a bench; "bench the poodles at the dog show"
All rights reserved.
See also: bench (Dictionary)