Synonyms of benevolent
- 1. benevolent
- usage: intending or showing kindness; "a benevolent society"
- 2. charitable, benevolent, kindly, sympathetic, good-hearted, openhearted, large-hearted, kind (vs. unkind)
- usage: showing or motivated by sympathy and understanding and generosity; "was charitable in his opinions of others"; "kindly criticism"; "a kindly act"; "sympathetic words"; "a large-hearted mentor"
- 3. benevolent, freehearted, generous (vs. stingy)
- usage: generous in providing aid to others
- 4. beneficent, benevolent, eleemosynary, philanthropic, charitable (vs. uncharitable)
- usage: generous in assistance to the poor; "a benevolent contributor"; "eleemosynary relief"; "philanthropic contributions"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of benevolent (Dictionary)