- 1. bereaved, bereaved person, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who has suffered the death of someone they loved; "the bereaved do not always need to be taken care of"
- 1. bereave, deprive, strip, divest
- usage: deprive through death
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bereaved, bereft, grief-stricken, grieving, mourning(prenominal), sorrowing(prenominal), sorrowful (vs. joyful)
- usage: sorrowful through loss or deprivation; "bereft of hope"
All rights reserved.
See also: bereaved (Dictionary)