WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. harass, hassle, harry, chivy, chivvy, chevy, chevvy, beset, plague, molest, provoke, annoy, rag, get to, bother, get at, irritate, rile, nark, nettle, gravel, vex, chafe, devil
- usage: annoy continually or chronically; "He is known to harry his staff when he is overworked"; "This man harasses his female co-workers"
- 2. beset, set upon, assail, assault, set on, attack
- usage: assail or attack on all sides: "The zebra was beset by leopards"
- 3. encrust, incrust, beset, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate or cover lavishly (as with gems)
All rights reserved.
See also: beset (Dictionary)