Synonyms of betting
- 1. bet, wager, predict, foretell, prognosticate, call, forebode, anticipate, promise
- usage: maintain with or as if with a bet; "I bet she will be there!"
- 2. bet, wager, play, gamble
- usage: stake on the outcome of an issue; "I bet $100 on that new horse"; "She played all her money on the dark horse"
- 3. count, bet, depend, look, calculate, reckon, trust, swear, rely, bank
- usage: have faith or confidence in; "you can count on me to help you any time"; "Look to your friends for support"; "You can bet on that!"; "Depend on your family in times of crisis"
- 1. dissipated, betting, card-playing, sporting, indulgent (vs. nonindulgent)
- usage: preoccupied with the pursuit of pleasure and especially games of chance; "led a dissipated life"; "a betting man"; "a card-playing son of a bitch"; "a gambling fool"; "sporting gents and their ladies"
All rights reserved.