- 1. perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound, confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate
- usage: be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
- 2. bewilder, bemuse, discombobulate, throw, upset, discompose, untune, disconcert, discomfit
- usage: cause to be confused emotionally
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. baffled, befuddled, bemused, bewildered, confounded, confused, lost, mazed, mixed-up, at sea, perplexed (vs. unperplexed)
- usage: perplexed by many conflicting situations or statements; filled with bewilderment; "obviously bemused by his questions"; "bewildered and confused"; "a cloudy and confounded philosopher"; "just a mixed-up kid"; "she felt lost on the first day of school"
All rights reserved.
See also: bewildered (Dictionary)