- 1. bias, prejudice, preconception, partiality, partisanship
- usage: a partiality that prevents objective consideration of an issue or situation
- 2. diagonal, bias, straight line
- usage: a line or cut across a fabric that is not at right angles to a side of the fabric
- 1. bias, prejudice, prepossess
- usage: influence in an unfair way; "you are biasing my choice by telling me yours"
- 2. bias, predetermine, prejudice, prepossess
- usage: cause to be biased
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bias, oblique (vs. parallel) (vs. perpendicular)
- usage: slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric; "a bias fold"
All rights reserved.
See also: bias (Dictionary)