- 1. biennial, plant, flora, plant life
- usage: (botany) a plant having a life cycle that normally takes two seasons from germination to death to complete; flowering biennials usually bloom and fruit in the second season
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. biennial (vs. perennial) (vs. annual), two-year
- usage: having a life cycle lasting two seasons; "a biennial life cycle"; "parsnips and carrots are biennial plants often grown as annuals"
- 2. biennial, biyearly, periodic (vs. aperiodic), periodical
- usage: occurring every second year; "they met at biennial conventions"
All rights reserved.
See also: biennial (Dictionary)