- 1. bill, measure, legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
- usage: a statute in draft before it becomes law; "they held a public hearing on the bill"
- 2. bill, account, invoice, statement, financial statement
- usage: an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered; "he paid his bill and left"; "send me an account of what I owe"
- 3. bill, note, government note, bank bill, banker's bill, bank note, banknote, Federal Reserve note, greenback, paper money, folding money, paper currency
- usage: a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank); "he peeled off five one-thousand-zloty notes"
- 4. bill, program, programme
- usage: the entertainment offered at a public presentation
- 5. circular, handbill, bill, broadside, broadsheet, flier, flyer, throwaway, ad, advertisement, advertizement, advertising, advertizing, advert
- usage: an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution; "he mailed the circular to all subscribers"
- 6. poster, posting, placard, notice, bill, card, sign
- usage: a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement; "a poster advertised the coming attractions"
- 7. bill, list, listing
- usage: a list of particulars (as a playbill or bill of fare)
- 8. bill, billhook, saw
- usage: a long-handled saw with a curved blade; "he used a bill to prune branches off of the tree"
- 9. bill, peak, eyeshade, visor, vizor, brim
- usage: a brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes; "he pulled down the bill of his cap and trudged ahead"
- 10. beak, bill, neb, nib, pecker, mouth
- usage: horny projecting mouth of a bird
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. charge, bill, account, calculate
- usage: demand payment; "Will I get charged for this service?"; "We were billed for 4 nights in the hotel, although we stayed only 3 nights"
- 2. bill, advertise, advertize, promote, push
- usage: advertise especially by posters or placards; "He was billed as the greatest tenor since Caruso"
- 3. placard, bill, post
- usage: publicize or announce by placards
All rights reserved.
See also: bill (Dictionary)