- 1. note, short letter, line, billet, personal letter
- usage: a short personal letter; "drop me a line when you get there"
- 2. billet, housing, lodging, living accommodations
- usage: lodging for military personnel (especially in a private home)
- 3. position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation, occupation, business, job, line of work, line
- usage: a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. quarter, billet, canton, lodge, accommodate
- usage: provide housing for (military personnel)
All rights reserved.
See also: billet (Dictionary)