- 1. billow, surge, wave, moving ridge
- usage: a large sea wave
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. billow, wallow, soar, soar up, soar upwards, surge, zoom
- usage: rise up as if in waves; "smoke billowed up into the sky"
- 2. billow, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move with great difficulty; "The soldiers billowed across the muddy riverbed"
- 3. billow, surge, heave, inflate, blow up
- usage: rise and move, as in waves or billows; "The army surged forward"
- 4. balloon, inflate, billow, expand
- usage: become inflated; "The sails ballooned"
All rights reserved.
See also: billow (Dictionary)