Synonyms of billowing
- 1. billow, wallow, soar, soar up, soar upwards, surge, zoom
- usage: rise up as if in waves; "smoke billowed up into the sky"
- 2. billow, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move with great difficulty; "The soldiers billowed across the muddy riverbed"
- 3. billow, surge, heave, inflate, blow up
- usage: rise and move, as in waves or billows; "The army surged forward"
- 4. balloon, inflate, billow, expand
- usage: become inflated; "The sails ballooned"
- 1. billowy, billowing(prenominal), surging, stormy (vs. calm)
- usage: characterized by great swelling waves or surges; "billowy storm clouds"; "the restless billowing sea"; "surging waves"
All rights reserved.