- 1. birth, beginning, commencement, first, outset, get-go, start, kickoff, starting time, showtime, offset
- usage: the time when something begins (especially life); "they divorced after the birth of the child"; "his election signaled the birth of a new age"
- 2. birth, nativity, nascency, nascence, change, alteration, modification
- usage: the event of being born; "they celebrated the birth of their first child"
- 3. parturition, birth, giving birth, birthing, organic process, biological process
- usage: the process of giving birth
- 4. parentage, birth, kinship, family relationship, relationship
- usage: the kinship relation of an offspring to the parents
- 5. birth, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a baby born; an offspring; "the overall rate of incidence of Down's syndrome is one in every 800 births"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. give birth, deliver, bear, birth, have, produce, bring forth
- usage: cause to be born; "My wife had twins yesterday!"
All rights reserved.
See also: birth (Dictionary)