- 1. blackjack oak, blackjack, jack oak, Quercus marilandica, scrub oak
- usage: a common scrubby deciduous tree of central and southeastern United States having dark bark and broad three-lobed (club-shaped) leaves; tends to form dense thickets
- 2. blackjack, cosh, sap, bludgeon
- usage: a piece of metal covered by leather with a flexible handle; used for hitting people
- 3. black flag, pirate flag, Jolly Roger, blackjack, flag
- usage: a flag usually bearing a white skull and crossbones on a black background; indicates a pirate ship
- 4. blackjack, twenty-one, vingt-et-un, card game, cards
- usage: a gambling game using cards; the object is to hold cards having a higher count than those dealt to the banker up to but not exceeding 21
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. blackmail, blackjack, pressure, influence, act upon, work
- usage: exert pressure on someone through threats
All rights reserved.
See also: blackjack (Dictionary)