WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bland, flat, flavorless, flavourless, insipid, savorless, savourless, vapid, tasteless (vs. tasty)
- usage: lacking taste or flavor or tang; "a bland diet"; "insipid hospital food"; "flavorless supermarket tomatoes"; "vapid beer"; "vapid tea"
- 2. bland, flat, unstimulating (vs. stimulating), unexciting
- usage: lacking stimulating characteristics; uninteresting; "a bland little drama"; "a flat joke"
- 3. politic, smooth, suave, bland, diplomatic (vs. undiplomatic), diplomatical
- usage: smoothly agreeable and courteous with a degree of sophistication; "he was too politic to quarrel with so important a personage"; "the manager pacified the customer with a smooth apology for the error"
All rights reserved.
See also: bland (Dictionary)