- 1. blanket, cover, bedclothes, bed clothing, bedding
- usage: bedding that keeps a person warm in bed; "he pulled the covers over his head and went to sleep"
- 2. blanket, mantle, covering, natural covering, cover
- usage: anything that covers; "there was a blanket of snow"
- 3. blanket, layer, bed
- usage: a layer of lead surrounding the highly reactive core of a nuclear reactor
- 1. blanket, cover
- usage: cover as if with a blanket; "snow blanketed the fields"
- 2. blanket, cover, spread over
- usage: form a blanket-like cover (over)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. across-the-board, all-embracing, all-encompassing, all-inclusive, blanket(prenominal), broad, encompassing, extensive, panoptic, wide, comprehensive (vs. noncomprehensive)
- usage: broad in scope or content; "across-the-board pay increases"; "an all-embracing definition"; "blanket sanctions against human-rights violators"; "an invention with broad applications"; "a panoptic study of Soviet nationality"- T.G.Winner; "granted him wide powers"
All rights reserved.
See also: blanket (Dictionary)