Synonyms of blast
- 1. blast, fly, fly ball
- usage: a very long fly ball
- 2. bang, clap, eruption, blast, bam, noise
- usage: a sudden very loud noise
- 3. gust, blast, blow, wind, air current, current of air
- usage: a strong current of air; "the tree was bent almost double by the gust"
- 4. blast, explosion, detonation, blowup
- usage: an explosion (as of dynamite)
- 5. good time, blast, experience
- usage: a highly pleasurable or exciting experience; "we had a good time at the party"; "celebrating after the game was a blast"
- 6. fire, attack, flak, flack, blast, criticism, unfavorable judgment
- usage: intense adverse criticism; "Clinton directed his fire at the Republican Party"; "the government has come under attack"; "don't give me any flak"
- 1. blast, blare, make noise, resound, noise
- usage: make a strident sound; "She tended to blast when speaking into a microphone"
- 2. smash, nail, boom, blast, hit
- usage: hit hard; "He smashed a 3-run homer"
- 3. blast, shell, bombard, bomb
- usage: use explosives on; "The enemy has been shelling us all day"
- 4. blast, blow
- usage: apply a draft or strong wind to to; "the air conditioning was blasting cold air at us"
- 5. blast, shell, make, create
- usage: create by using explosives; "blast a passage through the mountain"
- 6. blast, cut
- usage: make with or as if with an explosion; "blast a tunnel through the Alps"
- 7. blast, shoot, fire, discharge
- usage: fire a shot; "the gunman blasted away"
- 8. savage, blast, pillory, crucify, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: criticize harshly or violently; "The press savaged the new President"; "The critics crucified the author for plagiarizing a famous passage"
- 9. blast, knock down, smash, dash
- usage: shatter as if by explosion
- 10. blast, shrivel, shrivel up, shrink, wither
- usage: shrivel or wither or mature imperfectly
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of blast (Dictionary)