Synonyms of blasting
- 1. blast, blare, make noise, resound, noise
- usage: make a strident sound; "She tended to blast when speaking into a microphone"
- 2. smash, nail, boom, blast, hit
- usage: hit hard; "He smashed a 3-run homer"
- 3. blast, shell, bombard, bomb
- usage: use explosives on; "The enemy has been shelling us all day"
- 4. blast, blow
- usage: apply a draft or strong wind to to; "the air conditioning was blasting cold air at us"
- 5. blast, shell, make, create
- usage: create by using explosives; "blast a passage through the mountain"
- 6. blast, cut
- usage: make with or as if with an explosion; "blast a tunnel through the Alps"
- 7. blast, shoot, fire, discharge
- usage: fire a shot; "the gunman blasted away"
- 8. savage, blast, pillory, crucify, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: criticize harshly or violently; "The press savaged the new President"; "The critics crucified the author for plagiarizing a famous passage"
- 9. blast, knock down, smash, dash
- usage: shatter as if by explosion
- 10. blast, shrivel, shrivel up, shrink, wither
- usage: shrivel or wither or mature imperfectly
- 1. blasting, ruinous, destructive (vs. constructive)
- usage: causing injury or blight; especially affecting with sudden violence or plague or ruin; "the blasting effects of the intense cold on the budding fruit"; "the blasting force of the wind blowing sharp needles of sleet in our faces"; "a ruinous war"
- 2. blaring, blasting, loud (vs. soft)
- usage: unpleasantly loud and penetrating; "the blaring noise of trumpets"; "shut our ears against the blasting music from his car radio"
All rights reserved.