- 1. blend, mix, mixture
- usage: an occurrence of thorough mixing
- 2. blend, portmanteau word, portmanteau, neologism, neology, coinage
- usage: a new word formed by joining two others and combining their meanings; "`smog' is a blend of `smoke' and `fog'"; "`motel' is a portmanteau word made by combining `motor' and `hotel'"; "`brunch' is a well-known portmanteau"
- 3. blend, blending, combination, combining, compounding
- usage: the act of blending components together thoroughly
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. blend, intermix, immingle, intermingle, mix, mingle, commix, unify, amalgamate
- usage: combine into one; "blend the nuts and raisins together"; "he blends in with the crowd"; "We don't intermingle much"
- 2. blend, go, blend in, harmonize, harmonise, consort, accord, concord, fit in, agree
- usage: blend or harmonize; "This flavor will blend with those in your dish"; "This sofa won't go with the chairs"
- 3. blend, flux, mix, conflate, commingle, immix, fuse, coalesce, meld, combine, merge, change integrity
- usage: mix together different elements; "The colors blend well"
All rights reserved.
See also: blend (Dictionary)