Synonyms of blessed
- 1. bless, raise, conjure, conjure up, invoke, evoke, stir, call down, arouse, bring up, put forward, call forth
- usage: give a benediction to; "The dying man blessed his son"
- 2. bless, confer, bestow
- usage: confer prosperity or happiness on
- 3. bless, sign, gesticulate, gesture, motion
- usage: make the sign of the cross over someone in order to call on God for protection; consecrate
- 4. consecrate, bless, hallow, sanctify, declare
- usage: render holy by means of religious rites
- 1. blessed (vs. cursed), blest, fortunate, golden
- usage: highly favored or fortunate (as e.g. by divine grace); "our blessed land"; "the blessed assurance of a steady income"
- 2. Blessed, holy (vs. unholy)
- usage: worthy of worship; "the Blessed Trinity"
- 3. blasted, blame, blamed, blessed, damn, damned, darned, deuced, goddam, goddamn, goddamned, infernal, cursed (vs. blessed), curst
- usage: expletives used informally as intensifiers; "he's a blasted idiot"; "it's a blamed shame"; "a blame cold winter"; "not a blessed dime"; "I'll be damned (or blessed or darned or goddamned) if I'll do any such thing"; "he's a damn (or goddam or goddamned) fool"; "a deuced idiot"; "an infernal nuisance"
- 4. beatified, blessed, holy (vs. unholy)
- usage: Roman Catholic; proclaimed one of the blessed and thus worthy of veneration
- 5. blessed, saved (vs. lost)
- usage: enjoying the bliss of heaven
- 6. blessed, happy (vs. unhappy)
- usage: characterized by happiness and good fortune; "a blessed time"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of blessed (Dictionary)