- 1. blockade, encirclement, military action, action
- usage: a war measure that isolates some area of importance to the enemy
- 2. blockade, obstruction, obstructor, obstructer, impediment, impedimenta
- usage: prevents access or progress
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. obstruct, blockade, block, hinder, stymie, stymy, embarrass, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of; "His brother blocked him at every turn"
- 2. barricade, block, blockade, stop, block off, block up, bar, obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up
- usage: render unsuitable for passage; "block the way"; "barricade the streets"; "stop the busy road"
- 3. blockade, block off, obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up
- usage: obstruct access to
- 4. blockade, seal off, besiege, beleaguer, surround, hem in, circumvent
- usage: impose a blockade on
All rights reserved.
See also: blockade (Dictionary)