Synonyms of blow out
- 1. runaway, blowout, romp, laugher, shoo-in, walkaway, victory, triumph
- usage: an easy victory
- 2. blowout, malfunction
- usage: a sudden malfunction of a part or apparatus; "the right front tire had a blowout"; "as a result of the blowout we lost all the lights"
- 3. gala, gala affair, jamboree, blowout, celebration, festivity
- usage: a gay festivity
- 1. blow out, burn out, blow, fail, go bad, give way, die, give out, conk out, go, break, break down
- usage: melt, break, or become otherwise unusable; "The lightbulbs blew out"; "The fuse blew"
- 2. snuff out, blow out, extinguish, quench
- usage: put out, as of fires, flames, or lights; "Too big to be extinguished at once, the forest fires at best could be contained"; "quench the flames"; "snuff out the candles"
- 3. blow out, erupt, ignite, catch fire, take fire, combust, conflagrate
- usage: erupt in an uncontrolled manner; "The oil well blew out"
All rights reserved.