- 1. British shilling, shilling, bob, British monetary unit
- usage: a former monetary unit in Great Britain
- 2. bob, hairdo, hairstyle, hair style, coiffure, coif
- usage: a hair style for women and children; a short haircut all around
- 3. bobsled, bobsleigh, bob, sled, sledge, sleigh
- usage: a long racing sled (for 2 or more people) with a steering mechanism
- 4. bob, weight
- usage: a hanging weight, especially a metal ball on a string
- 5. bob, bobber, cork, bobfloat, float
- usage: a small float usually made of cork; attached to a fishing line
- 6. bobtail, bob, dock, tail
- usage: a short or shortened tail of certain animals
- 7. bob, inclination, inclining
- usage: a short abrupt inclination (as of the head); "he gave me a short bob of acknowledgement"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bob, move
- usage: move up and down repeatedly; "her rucksack bobbed gently on her back"
- 2. bobsled, bob, sled, sleigh
- usage: ride a bobsled; "The boys bobbed down the hill screaming with pleasure"
- 3. dock, tail, bob, cut
- usage: remove or shorten the tail of an animal
- 4. curtsy, bob, greet, recognize, recognise
- usage: make a curtsy; usually done only by girls and women; as a sign of respect; "She curtsied when she shook the Queen's hand"
- 5. bob, dress, arrange, set, do, coif, coiffe, coiffure
- usage: cut hair in the style of a bob; "Bernice bobs her hair these days!"
All rights reserved.
See also: bob (Dictionary)