- 1. Gypsy, Gipsy, Romany, Rommany, Romani, Roma, Bohemian, Indian
- usage: a member of a people with dark skin and hair who speak Romany and who traditionally live by seasonal work and fortunetelling; they are believed to have originated in northern India but now are living on all continents (but mostly in Europe, North Africa, and North America)
- 2. Bohemian, European
- usage: a native or inhabitant of Bohemia in the Czech Republic
- 3. bohemian, nonconformist, recusant
- usage: a nonconformist writer or artist who lives an unconventional life
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Bohemian
- usage: of or relating to Bohemia or its language or people
- 2. bohemian, unconventional (vs. conventional)
- usage: unconventional in especially appearance and behavior; "a bohemian life style"
All rights reserved.
See also: bohemian (Dictionary)