WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. boisterous, rambunctious, robustious, rumbustious, unruly, disorderly (vs. orderly)
- usage: noisy and lacking in restraint or discipline; "a boisterous crowd"; "a social gathering that became rambunctious and out of hand"; "a robustious group of teenagers"; "beneath the rumbustious surface of his paintings is sympathy for the vulnerability of ordinary human beings"; "an unruly class"
- 2. boisterous, knockabout, spirited (vs. spiritless)
- usage: full of rough and exuberant animal spirits; "boisterous practical jokes"; "knockabout comedy"
- 3. boisterous, fierce, rough, stormy (vs. calm)
- usage: violently agitated and turbulent; "boisterous winds and waves"; "the fierce thunders roar me their music"- Ezra Pound; "rough weather"; "rough seas"
All rights reserved.
See also: boisterous (Dictionary)