- 1. bonding, personal relation, personal relationship
- usage: a close personal relationship that forms between people (as between husband and wife or parent and child)
- 2. bonding, technique
- usage: (dentistry) a technique for repairing a tooth; resinous material is applied to the surface of the tooth where it adheres to the tooth's enamel
- 3. bonding, soldering, fastening, attachment
- usage: fastening firmly together
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adhere, hold fast, bond, bind, stick, stick to, attach
- usage: stick to firmly; "Will this wallpaper adhere to the wall?"
- 2. bind, tie, attach, bond, relate
- usage: create social or emotional ties; "The grandparents want to bond with the child"
- 3. bond, mortgage
- usage: issue bonds on
- 4. bond, bring together, draw together, unite, unify
- usage: bring together in a common cause or emotion; "The death of their child had drawn them together"
All rights reserved.
See also: bonding (Dictionary)