- 1. bone, os, connective tissue
- usage: rigid connective tissue that makes up the skeleton of vertebrates
- 2. bone, osseous tissue, animal material
- usage: the porous calcified substance from which bones are made
- 3. bone, ivory, pearl, off-white, white, whiteness
- usage: a shade of white the color of bleached bones
- 1. cram, grind away, drum, bone up, swot, get up, mug up, swot up, bone, study, hit the books
- usage: study intensively, as before an exam; "I had to bone up on my Latin verbs before the final exam"
- 2. bone, debone, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove the bones from; "bone the turkey before roasting it"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bone, bony (vs. boneless), boney
- usage: consisting of or made up of bone; "a bony substance"; "the bony framework of the body"
All rights reserved.
See also: bone (Dictionary)