WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bonito, tuna, tuna fish, tunny
- usage: flesh of mostly Pacific food fishes of the genus Sarda of the family Scombridae; related to but smaller than tuna
- 2. bonito, oceanic bonito, Katsuwonus pelamis, scombroid, scombroid fish
- usage: fish whose flesh is dried and flaked for Japanese cookery; may be same species as skipjack tuna
- 3. bonito, scombroid, scombroid fish
- usage: any of various scombroid fishes intermediate in size and characteristics between mackerels and tunas
All rights reserved.
See also: bonito (Dictionary)