- 1. engagement, booking, employment, work
- usage: employment for performers or performing groups that lasts for a limited period of time; "the play had bookings throughout the summer"
- 2. booking, reservation, employment, engagement
- usage: the act of reserving (a place or passage) or engaging the services of (a person or group); "wondered who had made the booking"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. book, schedule
- usage: engage for a performance; "Her agent had booked her for several concerts in Tokyo"
- 2. reserve, hold, book, request, bespeak, call for, quest
- usage: arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance; "reserve me a seat on a flight"; "The agent booked tickets to the show for the whole family"; "please hold a table at Maxim's"
- 3. book, record, enter, put down
- usage: record a charge in a police register; "The policeman booked her when she tried to solicit a man"
- 4. book, register
- usage: register in a hotel booker
All rights reserved.
See also: booking (Dictionary)