Synonyms of booming
- 1. boom, din, sound, go
- usage: make a resonant sound, like artillery; "His deep voice boomed through the hall"
- 2. smash, nail, boom, blast, hit
- usage: hit hard; "He smashed a 3-run homer"
- 3. thunder, boom
- usage: be the case that thunder is being heard; "Whenever it thunders, my dog crawls under the bed"
- 4. boom, boom out, sound, go
- usage: make a deep hollow sound; "Her voice booms out the words of the song"
- 5. boom, thrive, flourish, expand, grow
- usage: grow vigorously; "The deer population in this town is thriving"; "business is booming"
- 1. booming, flourishing, palmy, prospering, prosperous, roaring, thriving, successful (vs. unsuccessful)
- usage: very lively and profitable; "flourishing businesses"; "a palmy time for stockbrokers"; "a prosperous new business"; "doing a roaring trade"; "a thriving tourist center"; "did a thriving business in orchids"
- 2. booming, stentorian, full (vs. thin)
- usage: used of the voice
All rights reserved.