WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Calixtus III, Borgia, Alfonso Borgia
- usage: Italian pope whose nepotism put the Borgia family in power in Italy (1378-1458)
- 2. Borgia, Lucrezia Borgia, Duchess of Ferrara
- usage: Italian noblewoman and patron of the arts (1480-1519)
- 3. Borgia, Cesare Borgia
- usage: Italian cardinal and military leader; model for Machiavelli's prince (1475-1507)
- 4. Alexander VI, Pope Alexander VI, Borgia, Rodrigo Borgia
- usage: Pope and father of Cesare Borgia and Lucrezia Borgia (1431-1503)
All rights reserved.
See also: borgia (Dictionary)