Synonyms of boring
- 1. drilling, boring, creating by removal
- usage: the act of drilling
- 2. boring, drilling, oil production, production
- usage: the act of drilling a hole in the earth in the hope of producing petroleum
- 1. bore, tire
- usage: cause to be bored
- 2. bore, drill, cut
- usage: make a hole, especially with a pointed power or hand tool; "don't drill here, there's a gas pipe"; "drill a hole into the wall"; "drill for oil"; "carpenter bees are boring holes into the wall"
- 1. boring, deadening, dull, ho-hum, irksome, slow, tedious, tiresome, wearisome, uninteresting (vs. interesting)
- usage: so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness; "a boring evening with uninteresting people"; "the deadening effect of some routine tasks"; "a dull play"; "his competent but dull performance"; "a ho-hum speaker who couldn't capture their attention"; "what an irksome task the writing of long letters is"- Edmund Burke; "tedious days on the train"; "the tiresome chirping of a cricket"- Mark Twain; "other people's dreams are dreadfully wearisome"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of boring (Dictionary)