- 1. bosom, privacy, privateness, secrecy, concealment
- usage: the chest considered as the place where secret thoughts are kept; "his bosom was bursting with the secret"
- 2. bosom, breast, chest
- usage: a person's breast or chest
- 3. bosom, cloth covering
- usage: cloth that covers the chest or breasts
- 4. embrace, bosom, adoption, acceptance, acceptation, espousal
- usage: a close affectionate and protective acceptance; "his willing embrace of new ideas"; "in the bosom of the family"
- 5. heart, bosom, intuition, hunch, suspicion
- usage: the locus of feelings and intuitions; "in your heart you know it is true"; "her story would melt your bosom"
- 6. breast, bosom, knocker, boob, tit, titty, mammary gland, mamma
- usage: either of two soft fleshy milk-secreting glandular organs on the chest of a woman
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bosom, hide, conceal
- usage: hide in one's bosom; "She bosomed his letters"
- 2. embrace, hug, bosom, squeeze, clasp
- usage: squeeze (someone) tightly in your arms, usually with fondness; "Hug me, please"; "They embraced"; "He hugged her close to him"
All rights reserved.
See also: bosom (Dictionary)