- 1. constriction, bottleneck, chokepoint, narrowing
- usage: a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel
- 2. bottleneck, part, portion
- usage: the narrow part of a bottle near the top
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bottleneck, obstruct, blockade, block, hinder, stymie, stymy, embarrass
- usage: slow down or impede by creating an obstruction; "His laziness has bottlenecked our efforts to reform the system"
- 2. bottleneck, narrow, contract
- usage: become narrow, like a bottleneck; "Right by the bridge, the road bottlenecks"
All rights reserved.
See also: bottleneck (Dictionary)