- 1. bounce, bounciness, elasticity, snap
- usage: the quality of a substance that is able to rebound
- 2. leap, leaping, spring, saltation, bound, bounce, jump, jumping
- usage: a light, self-propelled movement upwards or forwards
- 3. bounce, bouncing, recoil, repercussion, rebound, backlash
- usage: rebounding from an impact (or series of impacts)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bounce, resile, take a hop, spring, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet, jump, leap, bound, spring
- usage: spring back; spring away from an impact; "The rubber ball bounced"; "These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide"
- 2. bounce, hit
- usage: hit something so that it bounces; "bounce a ball"
- 3. bounce, jounce, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move up and down repeatedly
- 4. bounce, return
- usage: come back after being refused; "the check bounced"
- 5. bounce, jump, leap, bound, spring
- usage: leap suddenly; "He bounced to his feet"
- 6. bounce, refuse, reject, pass up, turn down, decline
- usage: refuse to accept and send back; "bounce a check"
- 7. bounce, eject, chuck out, exclude, turf out, boot out, turn out
- usage: eject from the premises; "The ex-boxer's job is to bounce people who want to enter this private club"
All rights reserved.
See also: bounce (Dictionary)