Synonyms of bowling
- 1. bowling, game
- usage: a game in which balls are rolled at an object or group of objects with the aim of knocking them over or moving them
- 2. bowling, throw
- usage: (cricket) the act of delivering a cricket ball to the batsman
- 3. bowling, playing
- usage: the playing of a game of tenpins or duckpins etc
- 1. bowl, wheel, roll
- usage: roll (a ball)
- 2. bowl, hurl, hurtle, cast
- usage: hurl a cricket ball from one end of the pitch towards the batsman at the other end
- 3. bowl, play
- usage: engage in the sport of bowling; "My parents like to bowl on Friday nights"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of bowling (Dictionary)