WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. male child, boy, male, male person
- usage: a youthful male person; "the baby was a boy"; "she made the boy brush his teeth every night"; "most soldiers are only boys in uniform"
- 2. boy, man, adult male
- usage: a friendly informal reference to a grown man; "he likes to play golf with the boys"
- 3. son, boy, male offspring, man-child
- usage: a male human offspring; "their son became a famous judge"; "his boy is taller than he is"
- 4. boy, Black man
- usage: (ethnic slur) offensive and disparaging term for Black man; "get out of my way, boy"
All rights reserved.
See also: boy (Dictionary)