Synonyms of braced
- 1. brace, poise, fix, prepare, set up, ready, gear up, set
- usage: prepare (oneself) for something unpleasant or difficult
- 2. brace, steady, stabilize, stabilise, strengthen, beef up, fortify
- usage: support or hold steady and make steadfast, with or as if with a brace; "brace your elbows while working on the potter's wheel"
- 3. brace, hold, support, sustain, hold up
- usage: support by bracing
- 4. stimulate, arouse, brace, energize, energise, perk up, affect
- usage: cause to be alert and energetic; "Coffee and tea stimulate me"; "This herbal infusion doesn't stimulate"
- 1. braced, prepared (vs. unprepared)
- usage: positioned so as to be ready for confrontation or danger; "he stood to attention with his shoulders braced"
- 2. braced, buttressed, supported (vs. unsupported)
- usage: held up by braces or buttresses
All rights reserved.