Synonyms of brahmin
- 1. brahman, brahmin, aristocrat, blue blood, patrician
- usage: a member of a social and cultural elite (especially a descendant of an old New England family); "a Boston brahman"
- 2. brahman, brahmin, Hindu, Hindoo, Hindustani
- usage: a member of the highest of the four Hindu varnas; "originally all brahmans were priests"
- 3. brahman, brahmin, varna
- usage: the highest of the four varnas: the priestly or sacerdotal category
- 4. Brahman, Brahma, Brahmin, Bos indicus, bovine
- usage: any of several breeds of Indian cattle; especially a large American heat and tick resistant greyish humped breed evolved in the Gulf States by interbreeding Indian cattle and now used chiefly for crossbreeding
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of brahmin (Dictionary)