- 1. brain, encephalon, neural structure
- usage: that part of the central nervous system that includes all the higher nervous centers; enclosed within the skull; continuous with the spinal cord
- 2. brain, brainpower, learning ability, mental capacity, mentality, wit, intelligence
- usage: mental ability; "he's got plenty of brains but no common sense"
- 3. mind, head, brain, psyche, nous, cognition, knowledge, noesis
- usage: that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason; "his mind wandered"; "I couldn't get his words out of my head"
- 4. genius, mastermind, brain, brainiac, Einstein, intellectual, intellect
- usage: someone who has exceptional intellectual ability and originality; "Mozart was a child genius"; "he's smart but he's no Einstein"
- 5. brain, variety meat, organs
- usage: the brain of certain animals used as meat
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. brain, hit
- usage: hit on the head
- 2. brain, kill
- usage: kill by smashing someone's skull
All rights reserved.
See also: brain (Dictionary)