WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. brass, copper-base alloy
- usage: an alloy of copper and zinc
- 2. brass, brass instrument, wind instrument, wind
- usage: a wind instrument that consists of a brass tube (usually of variable length) that is blown by means of a cup-shaped or funnel-shaped mouthpiece
- 3. administration, governance, governing body, establishment, brass, organization, organisation, body
- usage: the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something; "he claims that the present administration is corrupt"; "the governance of an association is responsible to its members"; "he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment"
- 4. boldness, nerve, brass, face, cheek, aggressiveness
- usage: impudent aggressiveness; "I couldn't believe her boldness"; "he had the effrontery to question my honesty"
- 5. brass, decoration, ornament, ornamentation
- usage: an ornament or utensil made of brass
- 6. brass section, brass, section
- usage: the section of a band or orchestra that plays brass instruments
- 7. brass, memorial tablet, plaque, memorial, monument
- usage: a memorial made of brass
All rights reserved.
See also: brass (Dictionary)