Synonyms of brassy
- 1. brassy, brasslike
- usage: resembling the sound of a brass instrument
- 2. brassy, cheap, flash, flashy, garish, gaudy, gimcrack, loud, meretricious, tacky, tatty, tawdry, trashy, tasteless (vs. tasteful)
- usage: tastelessly showy; "a flash car"; "a flashy ring"; "garish colors"; "a gaudy costume"; "loud sport shirts"; "a meretricious yet stylish book"; "tawdry ornaments"
- 3. audacious, barefaced, bodacious, bald-faced, brassy, brazen, brazen-faced, insolent, unashamed (vs. ashamed)
- usage: unrestrained by convention or propriety; "an audacious trick to pull"; "a barefaced hypocrite"; "the most bodacious display of tourism this side of Anaheim"- Los Angeles Times; "bald-faced lies"; "brazen arrogance"; "the modern world with its quick material successes and insolent belief in the boundless possibilities of progress"- Bertrand Russell
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of brassy (Dictionary)